Weddings & Receptions
Some call it industrial elegance. We just call it perfect.
We know you will fall in love with our newly remodeled, historic venue. With beautiful exposed brick as your backdrop, our reception space can be elevated with décor, or simply shine on its own. And, unlike most venues, we offer a nicely stocked, built-in bar, The Mill Tap Room, right inside our venue. It’s the most unique experience in town, and the perfect place to tie the knot in front of family and friends. Now what’s left to do? Discover all the amenities we include in our reasonable rental rates.
The center has:
- Ideal capacity for a seated dinner: 225
- Ideal capacity for a cocktail party: 300
- 2 private rooms available for the wedding party to get ready for the big event – each with a private entrance and restroom.
- Beautifully decorated space. Enjoy as is, or add your special touches.
- Four-season patio.
- Outdoor patio.
- Beautiful covered ceremony pavilion.
- The perfect backdrop for unique indoor and outdoor photos.
Frequently Asked Questions
How many people can you accommodate?
It depends on the type of event you want to host. For a seated meal, our ideal capacity is 225 people. If you don’t need formal seating, we can handle 300+ guests. The number of people we can accommodate will also change, depending on whether you are using a stage, or whether you are hosting an event like a trade show.
Can I choose my own caterer?
Yes! We welcome the caterer of your choice, or we can give you some suggestions. We’ve worked hard to provide the amenities your caterer will need, including your caterer’s use of our licensed, commercial kitchen for holding, warming and serving your food. Please note that The Mill Event Center does not provide its own catering services, so we will work with you to find one that meets your needs.
Can I prepare my own food in the commercial kitchen? Or, can my caterer prepare food in the kitchen?
Unfortunately, it’s a “no” to both questions. Due to health regulations, you cannot prepare your own food, but we will happily work with you to find a caterer for your event. Neither you nor a caterer can prepare food in the kitchen, but you can use the kitchen for holding, warming and serving food.
What about extras I might need such as linens, table decor, etc.?
We provide the linens. And we can also provide table decor for a fee or included in the Gold Package. But you are also welcome to bring in all the extras you will need, or we will happily work with Party Plus in Lancaster to secure the items for you.
Can I bring my own alcohol to the event?
Unfortunately, no. All alcoholic beverages must be purchased through The Mill Event Center. The good news? You’ll have access to the Mill Tap Room, a fully staffed, nicely stocked bar that includes hard liquor, wine and 14 craft beers on tap, plus your own personal bar staff!
Can The Mill Event Center provide non-alcoholic drinks?
Yes. We have fountain service ($2.50 per person) that includes Coca-Cola products, iced tea, coffee and water.
Is there a private place for the bride, groom, or wedding party?
You bet. We actually have two private rooms that are included in your rental fee. Both rooms have a private restroom and private, outside entrance.
What does the sound system and Audio/Visual system include?
We know how agonizing it is when a special presentation doesn’t happen because you don’t have access to the right equipment. The event center is equipped with superior surround-sound speakers throughout the event space, an HD 1080p projector, wireless microphone, and high-speed Wi-Fi. And, it’s all FREE with your rental fee.
Can I hook up an iPad, computer or other personal device to your sound and A/V systems?
Everything is professionally installed so you can easily connect your devices, but check with our Facility Manager prior to the event to verify compatibility.
Is there Wi-Fi in the event center?
You’ll discover high-speed Wi-Fi throughout the entire center.
Does the event center help with setup and teardown?
Yes. Our professional event staff will handle all of your set up and teardown.
Is there free parking at The Mill Event Center?
Yes. There is parking at The Mill Event Center, and The Mill Carriage House, along with street parking. We can provide specific instructions to give to your guests.
What about restroom facilities?
Our restrooms are clean, brand new and beautifully decorated, with plenty of space for your guests.
Can the event space handle a DJ or live band?
Of course. Who doesn’t love to dance?
How far ahead do I need to reserve my event?
It depends on the size and date of your event. Larger events on the weekends fill up quickly and should be booked as soon as possible. Our facility’s event manager can work with you to get your event booked, but sooner is always better than later.
What is your smoking policy?
There is no smoking in the event center. Smoking is only permitted in designated areas.
Is the event space handicap accessible?
Yes. We only want the best for all our guests.
What kind of down payment do you need to reserve my event?
50% of your base venue rental is due to book and hold your date. There will be a convenient payment plan in your contract for the remaining balance.
What we will happily provide:
- Onsite Event Coordinator to assist in planning and the day of your event.
- All your tables and chairs, including setup and teardown.
- Portable stage for raised ceremonies/entertainment.
- Our commercial kitchen for the licensed caterer of your choice. Please note that there may be some usage restrictions depending on the options you choose.
- Access to our nicely stocked bar area (The Mill Tap Room), with a full waitstaff for your adult beverages. We even offer a 14-tap craft beer system – the county’s largest selection of craft beers at an event venue! Please note that all alcohol must be purchased through The Mill Event Center’s bar.
- Surround-sound audio and HD-1080p projector with projection area – everything easily connects to your digital devices.
- Free, high-speed Wi-Fi throughout the event center.
- Two private dressing rooms.
- Options for upgrade packages and services.